Sexual Dysfunction & Reactivation
Sexual Dysfunction, is any problem that occurs during any phase of the sex satisfaction response cycle. This includes desire, arousal, excitement, plateau, orgasms, and resolution.
Of course, sex is good for the body and the brain. Likewise, healthy sexual activity alleviates stress, depression, anxiety,and is a natural human function.
Sexual Dysfunction is common
Research suggests that sexual dysfunction is common (43% of women and 31% of men report some degree of difficulty). Many people are scared or embarrassed to discuss the topic.
Although this may be true, you can easily discuss sexual dysfunction with your doctor. Important to remember, physicians treat sexual dysfunction and are a great resource guide.
As a matter of fact, we can help. First, you start with a medical History. In general, the most helpful information comes from what you discuss with the doctor. Indeed, use this as a chance to be open and honest about your concerns. Second, you will get a physical exam. Sometimes, your doctor will get some lab tests to see if health conditions exist. After that, the doctor recommends a plan tailored to you. Next, you continue to see the doctor to make sure the plan works and is a right fit or it can be changed. In the final analysis, you will be set with a plan that is a success.
- Loss of sex drive
- Pain during sex
- Premature ejaculation
- Vaginal Dryness
- Inability to reach an orgasm
- Inability to relax the vaginal muscles
- Hormone Imbalances- Menopause, Andropause, Thryoid Disorders, PMS, PCOS, Adrenal Fatigue and Stress Disorders
- Chronic Diseases- High Blood Pressure, High Cholesterol, Kidney Disease, Liver Disease
- Blood Vessel Disease- Heart Disease, Diabetes,
- Psychological- Depression, Anxiety, Guilt, Body Image, Trauma, Relationship Issues
- Alcohol and Drug use
At the present time, most types of treatments correct the underlying problem.
- Prescription medicine to address the cause of an illness
- Hormone replacement
- Medications to increase blood flow to the penis
- PRP (Platelet Rich Plasma) to heal and restore genital tissue
- Votiva for women
- Couple's Counseling
- Behavior Therapy to help identify harmful behaviors, teach self-stimulation
- Therapy to address trauma, anxiety, fear, guilt, depression
Lá-Shaun Elliott, MD MPH, is a board-certified preventive medicine and anti aging expert offering complete medical and cosmetic treatments in Towne Lake. The practice provides services to patients in all of Cherokee, Cobb, and Fulton Counties. Call 678-744-4253 to schedule a consultation.